Wednesday, May 30, 2007

UNIT 1 IS DONE!!!

Unit 1 is done. I'm currently in week 13 of my 22 weeks of training. I have also finished Unit 1 which consist of all of the hoses, ladders, and SCBA. I passed all 13 tests on the first try which means no retest. Also managed to pull out a 100% on the written test. Not to bad if I do say so myself. :) Now it's onto Unit 2, which is some of the more technical aspects of firefighting. It's also more individual task, instead of the two firefighter evolutions that there were in Unit 1.

So I'm a little over halfway through. Thanks to everyone for your comments. It's nice to come home after a long day and read what you all have written in the little time I have to relax in the evening. More to follow...


Happy to be done with Unit 1!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on truckin'! I'm very proud to have such a brave nephew! I look forward to the arrival of an invitation to your commissioning ceremony!

Anonymous said...

well, props to you. you're way better than morgan at remembering to blog.

Unknown said...

Hey Karl..Congrats, Again!! It's good to know that some day soon we will have a very smart, hardworking Fairfax County Firefighter out there :) Keep up the good work!

Sean said...

So Emily,
sp the rest are dumb lazy firemen just getting cats out of trees?...

haha, just kidding.. Yes Karl, we're proud of you - Awesome job on the posts -